WHERE TO SHOP FOR PETITE CLOTHING

7:31 AM



Source: Pinterest

I can feel you all petite girls! I am only 5 feet 1 inch (155cm.) which is considered pretty tiny although it is an average height of Thai girls. Being short had never been my inferiority complex as I am happy with my body until I grew up and realized that it is so hard to find women clothes in my age that perfectly fit me because I was too small except wearing kids clothes. I hate picking up nice pieces on the racks in store to try on but then ending up coming out of the fitting room with one or nothing in my hands because I couldn't wear any of them!
Luckily, nowadays, petite markets have grown a lot and there are more brands that have their own petite clothing range which allows petite girls to wear the exact same designs with the regular size clothing in petite sizes.

Some people might wonder why we need to have petite sizes as regular sizes already provide small and extra small size. These might vary depending on each brand but here are some differences between them...
- XS of regular sizes is different from XS of petite sizes. In regular size, the smallest size comes with 24-25 inches waist while it is 22.8-23 inches waist in petite size.
- regular sizes stop at UK6 while petite sizes have UK4 and UK2.
- For jeans, the length of them is slightly shorter to suit petites' height as well.


Here are 4 places to shop for petite clothing in Bangkok

1. Topshop



I bet every Thai teen knows this brand. It has got its own petite section and I just have to say Topshop does have a great petite clothing line. They have got various styles. I can get to wear what I was not able to wear unless I have a model figure like midi skirt or long maxi dress. I feel like everything is wearable. No more wearing a regular mini skirt as my midi skirt or wearing a regular midi skirt as my long maxi skirt :p

2. Dorothy Perkins
Another alternative for feminine look or women who are looking for working outfits but there is some fun petite selections as well.




3. Miss Selfridge
Fun and colorful. Most of their pieces are on trend. The store used to be in Mega Bangna but now it is gone. I think you can now only find this at Central Chidlom and Central bangna.





4. American Eagle Outfitters
I like buying jeans and shorts from it. The fitting is perfect but their style is a little bit on the casual and tomboy side (no culottes or anything like that).


And some other brands that I love but they might be a bit difficult to find in Thailand
ASOS, Anthropologie and J.Crew





 



You Might Also Like

1 comments

  1. Thanks for sharing this blog provides tremendous information about petite clothing.

    ReplyDelete

Popular Posts