MY PAMPERING ROUTINE

7:58 AM


 
How's it going guysss? I went to a 3-days-2-nights field trip on the previous weekends two weeks in a row. I am exhausted!! (but I still have to write a blog though :p) and I am needing a full pampering routine. Now I have got my free time back so here is how I pamper myself when I feel like I am looking too horrible and I should do something with myself... 


 

Face Mask

Doing face mask is an extra must-do because it really helps restore my skin hydration and texture. There are two types of face masks that I normally do; Homemade masks and sheet masks.

- Homemade Mask -


Homemade masks are great because all the ingredients can easily be found in your kitchen or local supermarket. They are naturally made and beneficial. Here are three recipes that suit my skin type (dry and sensitive). I often do this once a week to calm and rejuvenate my skin. (Leave each for about 15-20 minutes)
 
1. Green tea powder + Oatmeal + honey + milk
It is my favorite recipe because while oatmeal and green tea sooths skin's redness and skin irritation, honey and milk add moisture to the skin. I once tried a new random sheet mask in the market and got breakouts, however, thanks to oatmeal my skin had got better in 3 days as I put this mask on every night. I keep doing this whenever I feel like my skin looks dull and tired.
 
 
2. Seaweed + honey
 
Seaweed is rich in sea minerals. It helps reduce skin inflammation
and acne blemishes. It also helps calm dry and itchy skin. One drawback is that seaweed leaves a mess around your sink because unlike oatmeal, it is not dissolved into small particles and washed away by water. Oh and make sure you buy seaweed for cooking not a roasted flavored seaweed snack!! :p
 
 
3. Black sesame seed + honey

This combination is easy and needs only two ingredients. Sesame also contains anti-inflammatory properties. This will help boost your skin elasticity and texture.
- Sheet Mask -
Sheet masks are quick and easy to use. I wear sheet masks 3-5 days a week as some of them are able to be worn daily.
1. Lululun
 



Cheap and can be used daily! A packet contains 7 sheets. I put this on after toning my skin and before applying my regular essence lotion. My favorite formulas are Lululun Rich Moisture Mask for hydration, Precious Red for brightening and hydration and Kyoto Green tea with Uji tea. I also have some other formulas like Lululun Precious White and Acacia Honey (Limited Edition only at Matsumoto Kiyoshi store).
 
 
2. Innisfree
 
This is more of a special sheet mask because it costs more than the Lululun one. Therefore, I use this only when I have a special occasion to go or when I feel like my skin really needs a quick rescue. The fabric is very thin and it fits my face perfectly.
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
3. Leaders
 
Full with essence! Sometimes I feel like there is too much essence though. My favourite one is the anti-trouble formula because it contains green tea. I usually buy this when there is a buy 2 for 99 baht promotion at Watson (normally it costs 69 baht each)
 

 

 

 

 

 

Scrub

1. Skinfood Black Sugar Mask Wash Off  & Skinfood Black Sugar Honey Mask Wash Off
This takes off my dead skin cell and slightly helps brighten the skin.
 
 
 
 
3. Green Bean Facial Scrub by Organique
 
 
An organic made-in-Thailand product. I got this from my father's friend in New Year's Day and I fell in love with it instantly from the first use! It is such a gentle exfoliator that can be used 3 times a week as it is less harsh than the normal scrubs that should be used only once a wekk. Leave it for about 3-5 minutes (make sure not to leave it more than that otherwise your skin might get dry and itchy)
 

 

Hair Treatment

 
1. Tresemme Split Recovery Treatment Masque
 
 
 
To be honest, it is not the best hair treatment as it contains Dimethicone (silicone) like many hair products do and I still haven't found the right one yet. But the scent is not too strong which is good because sometimes too much fragrance makes my scalp and neck a bit itchy. 
 
As I always mention, I believe in natural beauty and natural ingredients as I feel like they are organic and have never caused breakouts or irritation on my skin. So here are the beneficial oils I use on my hair...
 
2. Coconut oil, Argan oil, Sweet Almond oil
 
 
I like adding 2-3 drops of these oils into my hair mask. Sometimes I just use them alone as a hot mask by mixing coconut oil with argan oil and warm them in a microwave. Then I do a hair wrap using a plastic shower cap or plastic wrap. Leave it for about 30 minutes and wash off with lukewarm water.
 


 

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Popular Posts