MY SKINCARE ROUTINE

8:32 AM

 

 
Taking care of my skin is one of my favorite things to do because I believe that skin is the foundation of a beautiful make-up. Layering tons of make-up on unhealthy skin is not going to make anything better. If you have time to put on a lot of make-up then you should have time to take it off and take care of your tired skin. I seriously started taking care of my skin at the age of 17. At that time, I always found it time-wasting to use a face wash and apply a moisturizing cream. I didn’t even put on a sunscreen. My skin got worse and it was getting more sensitive and easily irritated by fragrance and alcohol. However, it took me almost a year to finally figure out my skin type and the skincare products that work best for me. I have removed and added a few products over the past few years but what I will be showing today are what I have been using for 2 years and they have changed my skin for the better.
My skin type: Dry and sensitive
My philosophy when looking for any skincare product is first looking at its ingredient list. I make sure that it is free from alcohol, fragrance and colorant. Second, I check my budget and look for a dupe or other alternatives if it is overpriced. Lastly, I read lots of reviews before buying!!
 
1. Clinique take the day off cleansing oil


A little bit goes a long way and it removes your make up very easily. However, it is not the best answer for people who wear heavy eye make-up or a waterproof mascara.
 
2. Purevivi cleansing lotion

I prefer using cleansing water afterwards to make sure that everything is thoroughly clean. Purevivi is another dupe for Bioderma but it is way cheaper. However, in comparison to Bioderma, this might be a little bit irritating for people who have sensitive eyes
 
3. Eucerin Dermatoclean cleansing gel



This is the first product of Eucerin that I tried and it is the first brand that gradually improves my skin condition. In my opinion, this is one of the best facial cleansing gel. It is very gentle and it lathers up a bit. The feeling after using is amazing! My skin feels clean and moisturizing because this doesn’t dry out the skin like some other cleansing foams.
 
4. Paula’s choice enriched calming skin recovery toner


I just started using this about 5 months ago (still on my first bottle) However, I can feel a great improvement even though I haven’t used it up yet. It helps calm my redness around my chin and nose. I like to put it in the fridge because applying this when it is cold is absolutely refreshing!
 
5. Free plus Air Shower mist



This is not necessary but it is an extra thing that provides an extra hydration for people who have dry skin. I find this more hydrating than a normal mineral water spray. Its spray head is also very fine. You can also use a moisturizing face mist during the day to maintain the moisture of your skin.
 
6. Clinique Even Better essence lotion for very dry to dry combination skin (1,2)


As I mentioned that I have dry skin so this is an extra product to prep and add more hydration to my skin. I don’t like putting on a super heavy and thick cream on my face so I choose to layer it up instead. I use many products that have different texture from light to a thicker one instead of a one super thick product. This essence helps moisturizing my skin and it also evens up my skin tone. It absorbs quickly and feels very light on my skin. However, it smells a little bit weird but the scent doesn’t linger. I also don’t mind because it doesn’t contain any fragrance.
 
7. Clinique Smart Treatment Oil


Instead of using serums, I prefer a natural face oil. I have used rosehip oil before but I am falling in love with Clinique lately. I wanted to try more products from this brand so I changed from rosehip oil to its Smart treatment Oil instead. This contains antioxidants and many kind of plant oils like safflower seed oil, sesame oil, sunflower oil and cranberry oil which are beneficial for the skin. It adds an extra moisture to dry skin. It is a bit on the pricey side but I think this is worth the investment.

8. Physiogel Daily Moisture Therapy for dry and sensitive skin


 
The last step is to hydrate my skin with a cream type moisturizer. For this step, I don’t need anything fancy. I just want something easy and affordable. This product gives me that. It doesn’t whiten your skin or fade dark spots but it does a great job at hydrating dry and sensitive skin just like its name. Again, it has no alcohol, fragrance and colorant.



Morning:
 
1. Hada Labo ES Foaming Facial Wash



For morning time, I prefer something quick and easy. This product comes with a foam dispenser which means that I don't have to lather up the cleanser myself. I feel like using a foam type face wash in the morning is more refreshing. This is also not drying like other brands.

2. Hada Labo Super Hyaluronic Acid Moisturizing lotion


 
Here comes another Hada Labo product. This is the first moisturizing essence or lotion I started using. In the morning I want to keep my skincare routine as simple as possible because I don't have much time to apply a full skincare products like I did in the night time. Therefore, I use only a light yet hydrating lotion. This is also more affordable than the Clinique one (you can switch this with the Clinique Even better essence if you want to). 

3. Clinique Super City Block SPF 40



The best sunscreen for face I have ever used! It is tinted, light, high SPF and it doesn't leave any white cast on your skin. I have tried many sunscreens but all of them except this one caused breakouts. You still have to use a make-up remover or at least a cleansing water to remove any sunscreen. I don't recommend anyone to use just a cleansing foam alone.

Tell me if you also use any of these products regularly or what your skincare routine steps are! See you on my next post :)


You Might Also Like

0 comments

Popular Posts