MY 12 CLOSET STAPLES

9:40 AM




What a nice day to go catch up with your friends in a café nearby!
But wait...
I can’t think of anything to wear!!!!
Well, we do have those days where we stand blankly in front of the closet hoping we could finally figure out what to wear. So here are some closet staples that I recommend every woman should own. Having some versatile pieces can make your life simpler because by mixing and matching they can go with almost everything. The magic of mix and match is that you can style the same piece differently to create a new look and your friends won’t even remember that you wear it again!
Here are my top12 must have statement pieces and a little guide for you in case you want to shop some...
 
BASIC T-SHIRT

Miranda Kerr
 
A plain t-shirt is definitely a foundation of everyone’s closet. You can't go wrong with basic tee. We know how versatile it is and you can easily get them cheap. It is easy to find but to be honest it is hard to actually get the one that fits your body perfectly. So take your time when looking for some basic t-shirts.


Zara White t-shirt | Cheap Monday distressed t-shirt | Mango Tee with words


 
CROP TOP
  
 
Pair perfectly with high waisted bottoms like jeans, shorts and mini skirt for a quick and easy outfit!
 
 Zara | Picht white cropped tank



SHIRT
 
Gigi Hadid | Alexa Chung
 
Shirts are my rescuer. Whenever I can’t think of anything …just tuck in my favorite shirt in a pair of denim shorts and I am good to go! White and blue are two colors to look for if you are still not sure what to buy.



Zara white shirt | CC-OO shirt with words
 
STRIPES

Many celebrities and bloggers have shown that stripes can be both dressed up and down. They are simple but not outdated.
 

Clemence Poesy Cr.harpersbazaar.com and Miranda Kerr Cr.InStyle
 
 


 

ROMPER

Gigi Hadid cr. WhoWhatWear
 
A grab-and-go piece when you are in a hurry! Easy and comfortable! Romper is my another rescuer. You don't have to think twice to make sure that your top and bottoms will match each other because just a piece of romper can cover all. 


Mango Printed short jumpsuit | Women’secret jumpsuit





OFF-SHOULDER TOP

Taylor Tomasi Hill
 
I can't miss this one because an off shoulder top has been very popular this year. As I mentioned in the previous post, an off-shoulder top can make you look sexy without revealing too much of your skin. There are many types of them but here are some of my favorites!  

H&M | Khaju (Japan)
  

BOMBER JACKET
Tiffany SNSD
 
I like pairing my girly pieces with a bomber jacket so that the whole outfit won't look too feminine. Throwing it over your boring tank top sounds great too!


N. Natural Beauty Basic (Japan) | Ingni military green bomber jacket (Japan)




PENCIL SKIRT
2. Pencil Skirt + Large Florals 
Jamie Chung cr. WhoWhatWear | Miranda Kerr
 
A great piece to invest as wearing a detailed pencil skirt with a plain tank can still make you look perfectly put together!

 Topshop grey ribbed tube skirt | Witchery White Lace mesh midi pencil Skirt
 
 



DENIM JEANS
 
Annabelle Dexter Jones | Sonya Singha

 
Medium wash color is my favorite as it is a classic color that will be perfect for everyday wear. I prefer high waisted and cropped jeans. However, make sure that you find the best jeans that fit you nicely. It is very hard for me to find the best fitted ones because I am quite tiny. Gap has some great selections for petite girls so those of you guys who have 22-23 inch waist must go check it out!  

Gap Cropped jeans | Gap high waisted jeans | Topshop Moto ripped joni jeans in white
 



DENIM SHORTS

 
I recommend going for high waisted ones because they are nice with crop tops. American Eagle offers XXS size. Another good brand for petite girls!

American Eagle | Gap



OVERALL
 

Alexa Chung | Romee Strijd  
 
Choosing whether to go for an overall dress or overall trousers are up to your comfort. I recommend having at least two styles of a dark wash and a classic one.

Zara dark wash denim Overall dress | H&M denim bib overall dress 




CULOTTES

 
Victoria Beckham cr. Hercampus.com (left)
 

Culottes or wide cropped trousers are so popular right now in Thailand. They are what every girl has and I have seen many students in my college wear them! But to make you stand out from those, I recommend choosing culottes that have some unique details like pleated culottes, denim culottes or two-tone denim culottes.


AIIZ short denim culottes | Green and navy pleated culottes (Union Mall)


 
 
With statement items, you would never go back to that i-have-nothing-to-wear moment again! Now go check your closet and fill it with some of these staples! J


 

You Might Also Like

1 comments

  1. I'm looking at my two pairs of jeans and three pairs of shorts and think I'm happy I can wear suit to work ;-)

    ReplyDelete

Popular Posts