WHAT BAG SHOULD I BUY FOR COLLEGE?

5:17 AM

source: Street Peeper
 
Hello all new freshmen! Are you looking for a bag to use before your fresh start in college?
Firstly, choose the types of bag by exploring yourself and think about what needs to be in the bag. Are you a person who always carries lots of stuffs? Do you need a bag that could also fit your make-up pouch? Or you just want one to put your phone and money purse.

Here are the types of bags I like using for college...

TOTE

 
Tote is my first choice when looking for a bag for college because it is perfect for carrying stuffs that come in long shape like books, writing pads and folders. Also, if you are a person who has tons of stuffs, tote is a great option. I am a kind of person who carries 2 pencil cases, a water bottle, some note pads and a planner. So all these things can fit in just one tote!


Michael Kors Kempton medium Tote bag in navy blue (the one I am using) is durable. I have got the most out of it but it is still in a good condition. The bottom of the bag is sturdy which means that it can be put on a rough surface without getting easily damaged. It comes with a front pocket. Inside of the bag is also divided in many useful departments like slip pockets and zip pockets. It is very functional for college use. Even a laptop can fit in this bag as well!
 



 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 

On the day I have no class, I sometimes just use this slouchy fabric tote bag in pink from Smelly. The brand offers different kind of fabric patterns.
 
 

 SATCHEL 


 

Satchel bag is for people who like holding books on their hands (some just don’t like to put them in the bag because they might weigh a lot and can hurt the shoulders) Therefore, I just carry them like that and use a crossbody bag to keep a few things like a pencil case, small purse, phone, lip stick and hand cream.


 
I love my PS1 Mini Cross-body bag from Proenza Schouler. The style is perfect for both being carried to college and on daily basis. Two-way use; crossing your body and holding in your arms. This also fits my long money purse perfectly.

 

 BACKPACK


 

Backpacks are the most popular type to be used for college. However, Big travel-sized backpack is not my style so I rather go for a small women's backpack. I don’t want to use things that are too sensitive to rough surface, rain, heavy stuffs, etc. I don’t want to be paranoid about surrounded things that are going to scratch my bag. You want to make sure that you are spending your money on something durable, functional and beautiful. You should expect it for a long-term use as well. Therefore, I prefer not to use soft leather bag or super expensive designer bag for college.


I am using this Kate Spade Blake Avenue Hilo small backpack in black. The bag is made from nylon and it comes with front zip pocket and slip pocket on each side.


You Might Also Like

0 comments

Popular Posts